- Fannie, Freddie to refinance for homeowners with 125% loan to value ratio. If this is not borderline criminal, nothing is.
- Move lifts current 105% limit to aid more borrowers struggling to make payments.
- GSEs to offer new 25 year mortgage for some refinances to accelerate debt payments.
- Fed purchases USD 2.99bln Aug. 2019 - Feb 2026, Offer/Cover 3.17 vs. Prev. auction of similar maturity 3.14
- China has asked the G8 Italy summit to discuss issue of new global reserve currency
- Porsche (VOW GY) considering further production cuts in H2 of year due to weak demand
- IMF staff recommends USD 150bln cap on the IMF bond issuance
- Fitch says Russian banks likely to require at least USD22bln in capital
- Moody's says few US bank rating upgrades are likely in 2009
- And, surprise, surprise, KB Home founder Eli Broad says housing prices in US near or at bottom now
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Posted by Tyler Durden at 12:59 PM