- Commodity rally may end as supply rises, speculators sell bets.
- Dollar up against euro, yen after China central banker says exchange policy 'stable'.
- House passes Cap-and-Trade pollution measure, first to curb US emissions.
- International Energy Agency sees oil demand up 0.6 percent a year over '08-'14 period.
- Japan auto production falls in May for 8th straight month of declines.
- Japan industrial output up 5.9 percent in May, rises for third month.
- Japan stocks fall as share dilution fears send financials tumbling.
- Unemployment probably climbed at slower pace, factory slump eased: Bloomberg.
- Japan's Factory output rises 5.9%, third monthly gain.
- Amazon.com closed accounts with its North Carolina affiliates to avoid paying a proposed sales tax.
- British financials plan to cut 13,000 jobs.
- Cathay, Singapore Air get ‘silver lining’ from fuel.
- Daiwa Securities tumbles on share offering news, fanning worries that value will be diluted.
- GE to a $100M R&D facility near Detroit to employ about 1,200 scientists.
- Hartford Fincl Srvcs gets $3.4B in funds from the US. Treasury's TARP.
- KB Home reported a narrower qtrly loss of $78.4M; revs came in at $384.5M.
- Mizuho Financial may start 600 billion yen share sale this week.
- Nokia Siemens Networks gets euro250 milllion loan from European Investment Bank.
- Novartis in talks to buy parts of Elan, incl. flagship multiple sclerosis products.
- Oracle, Sun merger gets closer antitrust scrutiny.
- Swiss banks shun Americans as U.S. compels disclosure.
- Towers Perrin, Watson Wyatt to merge creating the world's biggest employee benefitsconsultancy.
- Vodafone may bid for Deutsche Telekom’s U.K. Unit.
- Markets will get no independence from data in a short week as gauges of employment, factory-sector health are on tap.
Companies to watch: Amazon.com, Apollo Group, GE, H&R Block, KB Home.
Recent Egan-Jones rating actions:
KIMBERLY-CLARK CORP (KMB)
HJ HEINZ CO (HNZ)
MICRON TECHNOLOGY INC (MU)
MCCORMICK & CO INC/MD (MKC)
LENNAR CORP (LEN)
CONAGRA FOODS INC (CAG)
LEAR CORP (LEA)
QUEST DIAGNOSTICS INC/DE (DGX)
LABORATORY CORP OF AMERICA (LH)
RITE AID CORP (RAD)
ORACLE CORP (ORCL)
MONSANTO CO (MON)
CKE RESTAURANTS INC (CKR)
Data from: Egan-Jones Ratings And Analytics
. Sphere: Related Content Print this post