- Asian stock markets rise for second day after Goldman Sachs, Intel earnings.
- Bank of Japan extends credit policies, cuts economic forecasts.
- China's foreign-exchange reserves rise to $2.13 trillion.
- EU says plunging oil prices cause euro-zone's first ever negative inflation in June.
- EU car makers say sales were up 2.4% to 1.46 million units in June.
- Euro climbs above $1.40 in morning European trade amid hopeful signals.
- Foreign direct investment in China falls 6.8% in June for 9th month, but fall narrows.
- G-8 ‘World Currency’ coin’s creator seeks Russia participation.
- German manufacturing work force down 2.3 percent over past year.
- Industrial production likely dropped for 8th straight month in June.
- Japan's benchmark stock index edges higher ahead of US earnings.
- Japan's central bank keeps rates steady amid signs economic slide has stopped.
- Oil rises above $60 in Asia as traders eye US inventories.
- Russian lawmakers approve $7.5B crisis fund for neighboring economic partners.
- UK unemployment rises by 281,000 to 2.38 million; rate up from 7.2 pct to 7.6 pct
- AAR Corp.'s Q4 profit dropped 7% to $20.5M on lower sales (-5.1%) and margins.
- Abbot Labs' June earnings $1.3B last year and this year.
- AIG sells loans to Credit Suisse for as much as $975 million.
- Air China forecasts 50 percent first-half profit rise, rebounding from 2008 loss.
- Alliance shares jump after Uranium mine is approved.
- Altera Corp.'s Q2 net tumbled 52% to $47.4M as revs fell 22% to $279.2M.
- ASML posts euro104 million loss in 2Q, sees some recovery in demand, sales.
- Continental Airlines to record $44M in charges in Q2 on write-down of fleet.
- Eurostar 1st half sales down 7%.
- Intel's strong numbers suggest PC business better; $1.45B antitrust fine hurts.
- Rio Tinto’s quarterly iron ore output rises 8 percent.
- Total says European refining margins slump on demand.
Economic Calendar: Data on CPI, Empire Mfg, Capacity Util., Business Inventories, Crude Inventories, Minutes of FOMC Meeting to be released today.
Earnings Calendar: ABT, ACGY, ADTN, AMR, ASML, CCK, CTAS, GCI, GWW, PLCM,STLY, TXI, WWW, XLNX.
Recent Egan-Jones Rating Actions:
WYNN RESORTS LTD (WYNN)
TUPPERWARE BRANDS CORP (TUP)
YUM! BRANDS INC (YUM)
POLYONE CORP (POL)
LEGG MASON INC (LM)
HARSCO CORP (HSC)
DIAMOND OFFSHORE DRILLING INC (DO)
JOHNSON & JOHNSON (JNJ)
JEFFERIES GROUP INC (JEF)
OLIN CORP (OLN)
GOLDMAN SACHS GROUP INC/THE (GS)
RIVIERA HOLDINGS CORP (RVHL)
SINCLAIR BROADCAST GROUP INC (SBGI)
Data provided by: Egan-Jones Ratings And AnalyticsSphere: Related Content Print this post