- China shares fall on worries about world economy but banks and steel gained.
- Euro edges higher against dollar as Federal Reserve to start 2-day meeting.
- Euro zone manufacturing improvement helps recession ease in June.
- House Democrats to open hearings on a sweeping health care bill.
- Japan may end $1.5 billion Venezuela loan on seizures.
- Japan shares fall after Wall Street’s tumble, investors awaits fresh new on global economy from Fed’s policy meeting.
- Obama set to sign into law an antismoking bill that will give the FDA unprecedented authority to regulate tobacco.
- Oil slides to near $67 in Asia as World Bank forecasts deeper global recession.
- Quake jolts Anchorage, Alaska, but damage minimal.
- Stocks, Commodities fall as World Bank sees 2.9% contraction.
- World stocks fall after World Bank projects more economic gloom.
- Airbus delivers 1st China-made plane, to raise output.
- Anglo American rejected rival Xstrata's proposal to merge.
- Ashland Inc. to sell its marine srvcs biz to JF Lehman for $120M, proceeds to repay debt.
- GCL-Poly to buy solar parts maker for $3.4 billion.
- Honda will cut number of models sold in Japan market.
- Intel said to have landed Nokia as a customer for mobile chips.
- Marvell Technology raises Q2 rev view to $600-$630M (prev $540-580M).
- Merck, Schering-Plough: FTC asks more information about the $41.1B tie-up.
- Merck issues $4.25B of notes in its biggest bond sale.
- Nissan to mass produce 'affordable' electric cars in 2012.
- Peugeot Citroen forecasts operating loss of euro1B-euro2B in 2009.
- Saks Chief cuts orders to avoid discounts on suits, stilettos.
- Siemens sees orders worth €15B from stimulus plans over the next 3 years.
- Singapore May consumer prices fall 0.3 percent, second month of deflation.
- Toyota shareholders approve founder's grandson as president to steer turnaround.
- Yen rises to one-month high against Euro on recession concern.
Recent Egan-Jones Rating Actions:
TYCO INTERNATIONAL LTD (TYC)
MARTIN MARIETTA MATERIALS INC (MLM)
TESORO CORP (TSO)
FOREST OIL CORP (FST)
CVS CAREMARK CORP (CVS)
PEP BOYS-MANNY MOE & JACK (PBY)
LSI CORP (LSI)
MYLAN INC/PA (MYL)
MAGELLAN MIDSTREAM PARTNERS LP (MMP)
RAYTHEON CO (RTN)
MARSHALL & ILSLEY CORP (MI)
OWENS-ILLINOIS INC (OI)
GENERAL DYNAMICS CORP (GD)
Data provided by: Egan-Jones Ratings And Analytics
. Sphere: Related Content Print this post