- Bernanke will face hostile questioning on BofA deal.
- Fed leaves bond-purchase program unchanged, says pace of contraction slows.
- Fed: Key interest rate will remain near zero "for an extended period."
- Irish banks face $49 billion in losses.
- New-home sales unexpectedly fell 0.6% in May from the prior month.
- Bed Bath & Beyond's qtr net up 14% at $87.2M; revs up 2.8% at $1.69B.
- China Construction plans to set up a venture with Banco Santander.
- China Petrochemical completed purchase of Addax for $7.2 billion.
- CKE Restaurants' Q1 EPS at $0.29 (cons $0.25); revs fall 4.1% to $446.8M.
- Conagra's May net income declines from $201M last year to $175M this year.
- JPMorgan imposes 5% fee on card balance transfers, citing US regulations.
- GM to close vehicle assembly and metal-stamping plants in Shreveport, La..
- Herman Miller's Q4 net falls 82% to $7.2M; revs fall 38% to $319.9M.
- Monsanto to restructure herbicides ops as net falls 14% to $694M. Revs down.
- Marathon Oil to sell its interest in Corrib devlpt in Ireland for ~$235-400M.
- Nike's Q4 net dropped 30% to $341.4M on a $195M in restructuring charges. Revs down 7.4% to $4.71B.
- Oracle's Q4 net beats expectations, falls 7%, revs down 5% to $6.9B.
- Paychex Q4 net down 16% on lower sales; FY view below estimates.
- PepsiCo. acquires a stake in Calbee Foods, Japan’s biggest producer of potato chips and shrimp crackers.
- Rite Aid posts Q1 loss of $0.11/sh; revs fell 1.2% to $6.53B. Sees FY10 EPS of ($0.59)-(0.33) vs. cons ($0.42).
- Seagate boosts Q4 rev guidance, sees Q1 sales above street view.
- Sinopec to acquire oil explorer Addax Petroleum Corp. for $7.2B.
- Toyota worldwide output dropped 38.8% -- the 10th straight monthly decline.
Earnings Calendar: ACN, CAG, CBK, FINL, FLOW, JTX, LEN, MKC, MU, PALM, RBN, TIBX.
Companies to watch: Accenture, Christopher & Banks, ConAgra Foods, Flow Intl, Jackson Hewitt Tax Srvcs, Lennar, McCormick & Co, Palm, TIBCO Software.
Recent Egan-Jones Rating Actions:
DARDEN RESTAURANTS INC (DRI)
WASTE MANAGEMENT INC (WMI)
CONSTELLATION ENERGY GROUP INC (CEG)
CONTINENTAL AIRLINES INC (CAL)
AMR CORP (AMR)
AMERICAN TOWER CORP (AMT)
KROGER CO/THE (KR)
AGRIUM INC (AGU)
FORD MOTOR CO (F)
OFFICE DEPOT INC (ODP)
BRITISH AIRWAYS PLC (BAY LN)
ACTUANT CORP (ATU)
BOSTON SCIENTIFIC CORP (BSX)
Data compliments of: Egan-Jones Ratings And Analytics Sphere: Related Content Print this post