- Asian markets recover modestly ahead of FED announcement; Europe up slightly.
- Fed weighs whether economic revival programs should be slowed amid improvement.
- Oil drops below $69 in Asia as investors mull US dollar, inflation.
- Japan’s Nikkei rises 40.71, or 0.4 percent, to 9,590.32 as of the close in Tokyo.
- The US and the EU have filed complaints that China limited its raw material exports.
- U.K. economy will see a "sluggish" recovery from the recession, according to the OECD.
- The U.S. currency loses 0.2% against the euro, 1% versus the Norwegian kroner and 0.9% compared with the New Zealand dollar.
- Existing-home sales rose 2.4% in May, the second month-to-month increase in a row.
- Actuant prices 9.5M share offering at $12/sh; sees $108 proceeds to reduce debt.
- America's Car-Mart Q4 net falls 15% to $5.1M on lower margins. Revs up 1.7% at $77.9M.
- Boeing delays first flight of 787, cites need to reinforce body section.
- Boeing says that it doesn't expect any order cancellations for its 787 Dreamliner passenger jet from its Asia Pacific customers.
- Boston Globe, largest union reach tentative agreement; Guild members must vote.
- Chrysler assets said to have little net proceeds for unsecured creditors.
- Citigroup to raise base salaries by up to 50% after bonuses reduced.
- Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank to pay $1.73B to settle Huntsman case.
- Darden Restaurants' Q4 net rises 20.8% to $123M; revs up 8.2% to $1.97B.
- Ford to received $5.9B in Federal loans; Nissan to get $1.6B.
- GM and Chrysler to apply for a $25-billion retooling loan program for vehicles.
- Kroger beats by $0.05, posts Q1 EPS of $0.66 (+13%). Revs fell 1.5% to $22.8B.
- Monogram Biosciences to be acquired by LabCorp for $4.55/sh cash (~$106.7M).
- Office Depot gets $350M cash infusion from PE firm BC Partners.
- Oracle posted a revenue decline for the first time since 2002; but beats est.
- Q4 net down 7.2% at $1.89B. Revs down 5.2% to $6.86B.
- PetSmart board ups dividend, OKs $350 mln buyback.
- Peugeot says it may lose €1-2B at current operating level in '09.
Earnings Calendar: AM, BBBY, CKR, MLHR, MON, NKE, PAYX, RAD, RHT.
Recent Egan-Jones Rating Actions:
KROGER CO/THE (KR)
AGRIUM INC (AGU)
FORD MOTOR CO (F)
OFFICE DEPOT INC (ODP)
BRITISH AIRWAYS PLC (BAY LN)
ACTUANT CORP (ATU)
BOSTON SCIENTIFIC CORP (BSX)
TYCO INTERNATIONAL LTD (TYC)
MARTIN MARIETTA MATERIALS INC (MLM)
TESORO CORP (TSO)
FOREST OIL CORP (FST)
CVS CAREMARK CORP (CVS)
PEP BOYS-MANNY MOE & JACK (PBY)
Data provided by: Egan-Jones Ratings and Analytics
. Sphere: Related Content Print this post