- Asian shares fell due to North Korea Tension.
- Fed's Kohn says Economy showing signs of stabilizing.
- Russia will sign first commercial contract to supply US utility companies with uranium fuel.
- ABN Amro's Q1 loss at €886M, largely due to hefty losses on the business acquired from RBS.
- BofA will hire staff from global rivals Citi and Goldman to expand equity sales in Japan.
- CF Industries extends exchange offer for Terra Industries to June 26, 2009.
- CSL Ltd.'s $3.1B bid to take over Talecris Biotherapeutics Inc. likely to face opposition of FTC.
- GM receives $4B in US aid, $1.4B more than it had originally requested.
- GM gets concessions from Canadian union before probable bankruptcy filing.
- GMAC LLC tells employees it needs to cut $1B in costs (20% of its exps), by year's end.
- Consumer group asks J&J to remove cancer-causing chemicals to its shampoo and other products.
- JPMorgan, UBS drop appeal against asset seizures in Milan derivatives case.
- JP Morgan $29 billion WaMu windfall transforms bad loans into income.
- Norilsk Nickel swung to a net loss in 2008 of $449M on a $4.73B charge as it adjusted down the value of Canada's LionOre Mining International Ltd.
- Rio Tinto, Nippon agree to cut 2009 iron ore prices by 33-44%.
- Volkswagen, China's BYD will explore ways to team up on hybrid and electric vehicles.
- Wal-Mart Stores has defered the launch of its first cash-and-carry store in India.
be released today.
Earnings Calendar: CPB, HRAY, MBT, MDTH, MPR, YGE, BGP, CSIQ, CMM, DCI, LONG, LGL, TTWO, TMRK, VSNT.
Recent Rating Actions:
GREAT ATLANTIC & PACIFIC TEA CO (GAP)
CAMPBELL SOUP CO (CPB)
GAP INC/THE (GPS)
JOHNSON & JOHNSON (JNJ)
SEARS HOLDINGS CORP (SHLD)
AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL GROUP INC (AIG)
TORO CO (TTC)
BROCADE COMMUNICATIONS (BRCD)
COMPUTER SCIENCES CORP (CSC)
LTD BRANDS INC (LTD)
ADVANCE AUTO PARTS INC (AAP)
TARGET CORP (TGT)
MEDTRONIC INC (MDT)
Information provided by Egan Jones Sphere: Related Content Print this post