Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Daschle Withdraws Nomination To Be Health and Human Services Secretary



From Daschle's statement:

“I have just informed the President that I am withdrawing my name from consideration for Secretary of Health and Human Services….If 30 years of exposure to the challenges inherent in our system has taught me anything, it has taught me that this work will require a leader who can operate with the full faith of Congress and the American people, and without distraction. Right now, I am not that leader, and will not be a distraction…”

Obama accepts decision to lose another tax evader with "sadness and regret." Obama's statement:

“This morning Tom Daschle asked me to withdraw his nomination for Secretary of Health and Human Services. I accept his decision with sadness and regret….Tom made a mistake, which he has openly acknowledged. He has not excused it, nor do I. But that mistake, and this decision, cannot diminish the many contributions Tom has made to this country from his years in the military to his decades of public service."

So far 2 out of 3 in the tax evasion mortality camp. Sphere: Related Content
Print this post

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

'Possible criminal tax evasion' is never mentioned in the news articles about this.