- Airlines may lose $9B in 2009, double previous forecast, IATA Says
- Airlines say wait for Airbus directive on A330
- Ailysys Q4 loss widens to $113.8M on goodwill write-off. Revs down 20% at $155.5M.
- American International Group Inc. has disclosed deals to sell assets of $6.6B since bailout.
- Analogic Q2 earnings fall 66%; sees 2 more weak quarters.
- Barclays Plc is in talks to sell Barclays Global Investors
- BlackRock said to be frontrunner for $10B Barclays Global Investors.
- Fink aspires to be no. 1 fund manager as BlackRock bids for Barclays unit.
- Crude oil prices were poised to rise Monday in the US after retreating from $70 a barrel
- Indiana pension funds opposed to Chrysler's sale to Fiat file emergency appeal with the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Ciena Corp. swung to a Q2 loss on $455.7M of goodwill write-off.
- Federal regulators closed Bank of Lincolnwood, marking the year's 37th bank failure and the sixth in Illinois.
- Ford to face challenges from leaner, better-financed rivals following Chrysler, GM bankruptcy-filings.
- General Mills sees Y09 EPS "several cents" higher than its latest est. of $3.87-3.89.
- Lloyds Banking Group Plc will repay British government $4.1B after share sale
- Piedmont Natural Q2 net rises 10% on lower gas prices. Revs down 28% at $455.4M.
- Royal Dutch Shell PLC (RDSB.LN) will wait until the economics is right before
- advancing its oil sands and floating liquefied natural gas projects
- Wal-Mart executives unveiled plans to spend $15 billion on share repurchases.
- Weinstein Co. hires firm to explore restructuring.
Companies to watch: Alliance One Intl, Blyth Inc., Ferrellgas Partners, FuelCell Energy, IDT Corp, Pall Corp., Quiksilver.
Recent Egan-Jones Rating Actions:
WEATHERFORD INTERNATIONAL LTD (WFT)
WIND RIVER SYSTEMS INC (WIND)
AVIS BUDGET GROUP INC (CAR)
CHEVRON CORP (CVX)
HESS CORP (HES)
VALERO ENERGY CORP (VLO)
STEEL DYNAMICS INC (STLD)
HOVNANIAN ENTERPRISES INC (HOV)
CARDINAL HEALTH INC (CAH)
STEINWAY MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS (LVB)
EMC CORP/MASSACHUSETTS (EMC)
EXPRESS SCRIPTS INC (ESRX)
MASTEC INC (MTZ)
Data provided by: Egan Jones Research and Analytics Sphere: Related Content Print this post