- AIG is raising about $1.14 billion in the offering of the reinsurer’s stock.
- Barclays in talks to sale BGI, with Blackrock for $12 billion.
- BlackRock said to offer $13B cash, stock for Barclays Global Unit.
- Boston Newspaper Guild turned down the Globe's proposal in a 277-265 vote.
- High Court stymies quick sale of Chrysler.
- Callaway Golf cuts dividend by 86%, to sell $110M in stock.
- Citi's $58B swap of preferred shares into common stock will go forth this week.
- Court’s one-sentence order puts Chrysler reorganization into uncertainty.
- Fiat says it won’t turn its back to Chrysler deal despite court delay.
- GM will cease production of medium-duty trucks by July 31.
- IBM, EDS, Infosys Win A$1.2 billion in orders from Australia’s Telstra.
- L'Oreal CEO: sees improvement in sales over coming quarters.
- McDonald's May sales climbed 5.1%, helped by classic menu items, below est.
- Men's Wearhouse Q1 profit falls 47% as revs slip 5.5% to $464.1M.
- Pall Q3 net down 30% at $44.2M on stronger dollar, lower margins. Revs down 6.6% at $236.3M.
- Pepsi Bottling Grp signs LoI to buy Texas bottler, Ab-Tex Beverage Ltd.
- Reinsurers may raise U.S. catastrophe reinsurance rates for 15% next month.
- Qwest Comm failed to find a buyer for its long-distance network at the price it wanted.
- Qwest reaffirms its FY09 view; sees adj FCF of $1.4-1.5B, EBITDA of $4.2-4.4B.
- Rambus moves to withdraw patents from ITC proceedings against NVIDIA.
- Sony Raises 220 Billion Yen in Its Biggest Bond Sale.
- Talbots signs definitive agreement for sale of J. Jill assets, for ~$75M.
- Texas Instruments raises Q2 rev view to $2.30-2.50B (cons $2.21B); EPS of $0.14-0.22 (cons $0.10).
- UPS pilots agree to cost cuts; co. not to furlough any of its pilots for at least 10 mths.
- U.S. Auto-Parts Supplier plan to ask President Obama’s auto task force this week for $8 billion to $10 billion in loan guarantees.
- Wells Fargo, BofA to settle claims that employees misled investors about the value and safety of certain securities.
Recent Egan-Jones Rating Actions
TEXAS INSTRUMENTS INC (TXN)
KELLOGG CO (K)
BUNGE LTD (BG)
EMERSON ELECTRIC CO (EMR)
MOLSON COORS BREWING CO (TAP)
LODGENET INTERACTIVE CORP (LNET)
FOSTER WHEELER AG (FWLT)
BOWNE & CO INC (BNE)
EXIDE TECHNOLOGIES (XIDE)
UNITED RENTALS INC (URI)
CORN PRODUCTS INTERNATIONAL INC (CPO)
PENSKE AUTO GROUP INC (PAG)
INTERNATIONAL LEASE FINANCE CORP (ILFC)
Data provided by: Egan-Jones Research and Analytics Sphere: Related Content Print this post