- Asian stocks rise for seventh day on speculation profits will increase.
- Bank of England voted 9-0 on asset plan as GDP risks diminished.
- Bernanke says policies are sowing recovery.
- Nikkei hits 2-wk high but firm Yen limits gains.
- Oil lingers near $65 as US crude supplies rise.
- U.K.’s house-price slump will persist until 2012.
- Aaron's beats by $0.03, posts Q2 EPS of $0.51. Revs rose 7.8% to $417.3M.
- AMD posts 2Q loss of $330M, as revs slip 13% to $1.18B.
- Apple's 3Q net rises 15% to $1.23B on iPhone surge; but Macintosh revenue falls and iPod sales slide. Revs up 12% at $8.34B
- Bank of Montreal and Royal Bank use internet to skirt 86-year insurance ban.
- Caterpillar's 2Q net falls 66%; ups Y09 EPS f'cast to $1.15-2.25; revs seen at $32-36B.
- Credit Suisse Group AG may post second straight quarterly profit on trading gains.
- Freeport-McMoRan Coppers' Q2 net fell 37% to $812M on lower copper, molybdenum prices.
- Lexmark's 2Q net falls 80% on weak demand for printers and supplies.
- Morgan Stanley reported a June loss from operations of $159M vs. $689M gain last year.
- Australia's NAB to raise up to $2.24B in fresh capital to improve its balance sheet.
- P&G is close to a sale of its prescription-drug business.
- Sallie Mae reported 2Q loss of $123M vs. a year-ago net income of $266M.
- Seagate swung to a qtrly loss-its third in a row on weak sales, charges.
- TD Ameritrade's Q3 profit declined 17% to $170.5M amid acquisition related costs.
- Waste Connections' Q2 EPS at $0.37 (cons $0.35); revs fell 11.8% to $267M.
- Yahoo saw sales decline by 12% in 2Q online advt business continues slump.
Economic Calendar: Data on Crude Inventories to be released today.
Earnings Calendar: AAI, ACL, APD, ATI, BCR, BK, BXS, CMG, DAL, DOX, EBAY, EGN, ETFC, GENZ, GSK, HST, ISIL, ITW, JAH, LII, LLY, MO, MS, PEP, PFE, QCOM, SANM, SNDK, STLD, TEX, TSCO, TUP, USB, WFC, WHR, XJT.
Companies to watch: Allegheny, Altria Group, Amdocs, BancorpSouth, Bank of New York Mellon, CR Bard, Delta Air Lines, E*Trade, eBay, Eli Lilly, Genzyme, GlaxoSmithKline, KeyCorp, Lennox, Morgan Stanley, PepsiCo, Pfizer, SanDisk, The Boeing Co, The Mosaic Co, Tupperware Brands.
Recent Egan-Jones Rating Actions:
CATERPILLAR INC (CAT)
COCA-COLA CO/THE (KO)
BOSTON SCIENTIFIC CORP (BSX)
LEXMARK INTERNATIONAL INC (LXK)
CONTINENTAL AIRLINES INC (CAL)
EI DU PONT DE NEMOURS & CO (DD)
HASBRO INC (HAS)
EATON CORP (ETN)
UNITED TECHNOLOGIES CORP (UTX)
BUCKEYE PARTNERS LP (BPL)
CHARLES SCHWAB CORP/THE (SCHW)
AVNET INC (AVT)
JOHNSON CONTROLS INC (JCI)
Data provided by: Egan-Jones Ratings And AnalyticsSphere: Related Content Print this post