- Asia markets track US higher amid optimism about economy.
- Australian central bank says global economy stabilizing, but interest rates could fall further.
- California Lawmakers say they have deal to close $26B gap.
- Euro slips back from 7-month highs to below $1.42 in early European trading.
- Fed's emergency short-term lending programs eases as credit crisis eases.
- Oil hovers near $64 in Asia as investors eye company results, weak crude demand.
- UK public sector net debt at 13 bln pounds in June, 56.6 percent of GDP.
- Bain, Oaktree said to team with Chinatrust to bid for AIG's Taiwanese unit.
- Barnes & Noble to launch its own e-bookstore with bestsellers priced at $9.99.
- Bemis Co to sell 7.5M shares to fund acquisition of Alcan packaging unit of Rio Tinto.
- Boston Scientific's 2Q net rose 61% to $158M on year-ago's acquisition charges.
- CAT's June net income declines from $1.1B to $371M.
- China Investment Corp., a sovereign fund, to buy 40% stake in Citic Capital.
- CIT reports $3B credit facility, to start 'comprehensive' restructuring of liabilities.
- Continental Airlines posts 2Q loss of $213 million, as business travel remains soft.
- Most Delphi creditors vote against plan for transfer, sale.
- Eaton 2Q net declines 91%; lowered Y09 EPS f'cast to $2-2.2 (prev $2.50-3.00).
- Entergy lowers 2009 earnings view, projects 2Q below cons est.
- Halliburton's Q2 net falls 48% to $262M; revs down 22% to $3.49B.
- Hasbro Inc.'s 2Q earnings rose 4.8% to $39.3M, boosted by strong sales.
- Human Genome said its experimental drug Benlysta met goals of treating lupus.
- Intel to offer $1.5B debt, use most of proceeds to buy shares.
- Ivanhoe Energy sells its US oil and gas operations for $40M.
- Johnson Controls posted its first profitable quarter since last autumn, of $163M.
- Legg Mason swung to a profit, beating est., amid 33% drop in operating cost.
- M&T Bank 2Q net dives 75% amid acquisition, other charges.
- Southwest Air's June net income declines from $321M to $54M.
- TD Ameritrade settles securities case; buys back $456M of auction-rate securities.
- Texas Instruments' 2Q rev at $2.46B (cons $2.42B); sees 3Q revs at $2.5-2.8B.
- UnitedHealth Group 2nd-quarter profit more than doubles on absence of lawsuit
Recent Egan Jones Rating Actions
CHARLES SCHWAB CORP/THE (SCHW)
AVNET INC (AVT)
JOHNSON CONTROLS INC (JCI)
CIT GROUP INC (CIT)
HALLIBURTON CO (HAL)
COCA-COLA ENTERPRISES INC (CCE)
PHH CORP (PHH)
EQUIFAX INC (EFX)
BLACK & DECKER CORP (BDK)
CIT GROUP INC (CIT)
WESTERN UNION CO/THE (WU)
GENERAL ELECTRIC CO (GE)
PPG INDUSTRIES INC (PPG)
Data provided by: Egan-Jones Ratings and AnalyticsSphere: Related Content Print this post