- US Leading Indicators, Factory gauge climb in evidence slump is easing.
- New York City’s unemployment rate climbs to 9%; 361,000 are jobless, highest since '93.
- Air France-KLM may need to cut a further 3,000 jobs says CEO.
- Apple Inc. shares have climbed 59 percent since Jobs take on leave.
- Dongfeng Motor., China’s third-largest automaker, will partner with Detroit Electric Holdings.
- GE objects bank separation plan but favors broad regulator.
- Abraxas Petroleum and Abraxas Energy Partners, L.P. announce merger intention.
- Alcatel-Lucent to form a 10-yr global alliance with HP, to help customers leverage convergence of telecom and IT.
- Carnival Corp.'s Q2 net falls 33% to $264M. Revs down 12% at $2.95B. Sees Y09 EPS at $2.0-2.10 (prev $2.10-2.30).
- Discover Fincl Srvcs' Q2 net drops 3.6% to $225.8M, but better than expected.
- Fifth Third received $696.2M of depositary shares in exchange for 60.1M common shares and $229.8M in cash.
- GM will keep 60 US dealerships previously slated for closure.
- Intel bought 25 million shares in Imagination Technologies Group Plc.
- JM Smucker's Q4 net more than doubled to $94.3M, revs up 81% at $1.07B, aided by acquisitions.
- John Wiley's Q4 profit down 16% at $24.5M, revs down 6.7% at $403.4M.
- Pier 1 Imports swung to Q1 profit of $29.3M on a $48M gain from repurchase of debt.
- Porsche nine-month revenue fell 15 percent.
- RIM's Q1 net rises 33.4% to $643M; revs up 52.6% at $3.42B.
- Total SA, Europe’s third-biggest oil company, 900 contract workers have been fired at its Lindsey oil refinery in northern England after walkout
- Toyota Motor Corp. got 180,000 orders for the new Prius hybrid in Japan in just a month.
- Winnebago swung to a wider-than-expected Q3 loss, as revs fell 64% to $50.8M.
Companies to watch: Abraxas Petroleum, Alcatel-Lucent, CarMax, Carnival Corp., Fifth Third, Pier 1 Imports, RIM, Winnebago.
Recent Egan-Jones Rating Actions:
PRICELINE.COM INC (PCLN)
REYNOLDS AMERICAN INC (RAI)
RYDER SYSTEM INC (R)
TRANSCANADA CORP (TRP CN)
RYDER SYSTEM INC (R)
E*TRADE FINANCIAL CORP (ETFC)
WATSON PHARMACEUTICALS INC (WPI)
AMGEN INC (AMGN)
TENNECO INC (TEN)
GAMESTOP CORP (GME)
RYLAND GROUP INC (RYL)
PULTE HOMES INC (PHM)
PRUDENTIAL FINANCIAL INC (PRU)
Data provided by: Egan-Jones Ratings And Analytics
. Sphere: Related Content Print this post