Thursday, February 26, 2009

No More Student Loan Subsidies - Sallie Mae Plunges

Obama's (first) budget calls for no more student loan subsidies, which has caused SLM stock to plunge 40%. As Obama has no problem with spending a few hundred billion to address any and every shareholder's cry for stock price appreciation, we are confident the final budget will likely include subsidies as this was merely a minor fiscal prudence and rationality-driven oversight. Sphere: Related Content
Print this post

1 comments:

Kyle F said...

I will admit up front that I am currently a student (with SLM loans no less), so my opinion might be slightly biased. I have no axe to grind from a political standpoint, I regard all politicians as one in the same to a large degree, but does this seem completely retarded to anyone else (rhetorical question)?