Monday, January 19, 2009

Rick Bookstabber Implicated in Dr. Seuss Parody

Bridgewater quant guru and author of A Demon of Our Own Design, Rick Bookstabber, has found an unexpected role in this curious take on Dr. Seuss' The Lorax. Enjoy, courtesy of The Nervous Breakdown.

Sample:

The following week my newest sensation
was an exchange-traded product based on
inflation.

I was tireless in my creative formation
of new instruments that needed translation.
My epic was collateralized debt obligation

though I also showed off my inventive chops
with a little something I called credit default swaps.

I meant no harm. I most truly did not.
But I had to grow bigger. So bigger I got.
I securitized mortgages and credit card debt.
I securitized insurance. I securitized Tibet.

**********UPDATE**********

We have learned that Bookstabber (that name is almost as cool as that of the Artradis Barracuda fund we profiled earlier) is no longer at Bridgewater. Sphere: Related Content
Print this post

0 comments: