- British manufacturing output dropped in May
- Home prices may fall in more than half of the largest U.S. cities through of 2011
- Justice Dept. to look at telecoms and abuse of their market power.
- Oil hovers above $64 after plunging over past week
- Plane insurers suffer worst month since 2001 on Air France and Yemeni crashes
- US Service economy contracts at slowest pace in nine months in ISM index.
- US should consider a second stimulus package, Obama adviser Tyson says.
- Adidas AG plans to raise 500M Euros in debut bond issue in currency.
- AT&T, Verizon under focus after Justice Dept initiates antitrust review.
- Bank of America and Harley-Davidson to lead $9.5B of TALF bond sales.
- BASF to cut 3700 jobs - part of the integration with Ciba; may sell or close 23 sites.
- Basic Energy to sell $225M in notes to repay credit line.
- Beijing Automotive (BAIC) faces long odds in its bid to buy Opel
- Covanta Hldg Corp to buy enrgy and waste assets from Veolia for $450M cash.
- CRH intensifies cost-cutting program after profits fall 83% on building slump
- CVS Caremark renews contract with Cardinal Health, McKesson; deal seen as less favourable economically to suppliers, but better than expected.
- Discover Fincl Srvcs to sell $500M of stock, may repay Treasury bailout funds.
- EMC raised its takeover bid for Data Domain to $2.2B.
- Fiat and China's GAG have agreed to form a 50-50 joint venture.
- Ford will face increased pressure from a lean GM.
- GM is close to exiting bankruptcy.
- Lear Corp. plans to restructure ~$2.3B debt, create a new 9-member board.
- Regis Corp. plans to offer 11.5M shares, $125M in 5-year convertible senior notes.
- Societe Generale: Likely post a small profit in Q2, despite reduced revenue.
- Toyota plans to spend $500M on US SUV plant revamp as sales drop.
Earnings Calendar: BMJ, GBX, ISCA, KED, RT, SHLM.Companies to watch: A. Schulman, BASF, CVS Caremark, Discover Financial Srvcs, EMC, Ruby Tuesday, Toyota, The Greenbrier Cos.
Recent Egan-Jones Rating Actions:
EDISON INTERNATIONAL (EIX)ALLIANT ENERGY CORP (LNT)ALASKA AIR GROUP INC (ALK)SPRINT NEXTEL CORP (S)DENBURY RESOURCES INC (DNR)SMITHFIELD FOODS INC (SFD)BEMIS CO INC (BMS)GENERAL MILLS INC (GIS)CONSTELLATION BRANDS INC (STZ)BEAZER HOMES USA INC (BZH)LEAR CORP (LEA)BALL CORP (BLL)GANNETT CO INC (GCI)
Data provided by: Egan-Jones Ratings and Analytics
. Sphere: Related Content Print this post